Monday, April 16, 2007

WARM THOUGHTS IN EYE OF THE STORM

Let's just get this out of the way: I despise the word "NOREASTER."

Not only because it's a corny fashionable word used by cheesy weather people, not only because it translates into: "Don't leave your house because you will perish," but mostly because they are cold, raw storms that happen right when you think the weather is going to turn warm. It's like mother nature saying "Ah ah ah, spring isn't here yet, I've still got 2 blizzards to unload!"

The other night I was out with a friend who was more than happy to share her suggestions for future podcasts and other things for the blog. But the one that stood out was the Steel Drums version of Brown Eyed Girl. With this latest wave of crappy weather more fit for inhabitants of Mount Doom, producing more "Calgon, take me away" moments than I'd like to admit, the thought of this song done to island music, immediately put me on a beach in the Caribbean, mixed drink in hand and not caring about anything except how to keep it going.

Thanks M (first initial of nameless friend because I don't have her consent).

In summary, Steel Drums, Cover of Brown Eyed Girl, Warm thoughts, good times. Check into it.

No comments: